Answered By: Contact Center Last Updated: Jan 30, 2017 Views: 325
If you are not a resident of Gwinnett County, you may be interested in acquiring a Non-Resident Library Card. If this option interests you, please come into any branch during open hours.
Library cards are available at no charge to the following:
* Residents of Gwinnett County
* Property or business owners in Gwinnett County
* Employees of schools in Gwinnett County
* Employees of Gwinnett County government or city government agencies in Gwinnett County
* Students, faculty, and staff of Georgia Gwinnett College and Gwinnett Technical College
To get a library card you will need to present proof of residency, such as a valid driver's license, utility bill, lease or rental agreement. If you apply for a temporary card online you will have 7 days to come into a branch to complete the registration process.
Those who are not Gwinnett residents will need to provide both proof of current address and proof of eligibility for a free card, such as a student/faculty/staff ID.
For Non-Resident Library Cards, anyone who does not meet one of the criteria listed above may obtain a card for an annual fee based on the amount a Gwinnett County resident contributes towards public library service, which is currently $30.