Answered By: Casey Wallace Last Updated: Jan 30, 2017 Views: 10
Tumblebooks, a free online database of children's eBooks, includes many titles in a read-along format, with integrated text and audio. Follow these instructions for access:
1. From the library homepage at www.gwinnettpl.org, roll your cursor over "Digital" in top left hand corner of the main library page and select "All Digital Resources."
2. On the right side of the next page you will see an orange box on the right and the second to last item in this box will be Tumblebooks. Click here and you will be prompted to enter your library card number and pin.
3. On the Tumblebooks page, there will be an orange tab for read-along stories. Click it to bring up a list of read-along titles.
4. When you locate a title you are interested in viewing, click on it and then click the "View Online" button in the upper left-hand area of the title description.
5. Once the title loads, click the blue arrow button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen to begin audio playback. The green arrow buttons on either side of the screen are for turning pages.