Answered By: Contact Center Last Updated: Jan 30, 2017 Views: 26
Re-downloading a book can be done by returning to the library's Overdrive catalog and logging in with your card number and pin. Once you have logged in, click on "My Download Items" to find the item you have checked out and download it.
Please ensure the eBook you transferred was downloaded after Adobe Digital Editions was successfully authorized with an Adobe ID. eBooks downloaded to Adobe Digital Editions before the software has been authorized will not open on an authorized device.
This error can often be corrected by resetting the Adobe Digital Editions folder on your device. Please follow the steps below:
1. To confirm Adobe Digital Editions is authorized properly, take the following steps:
- In Adobe Digital Editions, from the title list view, go to the Library menu and select Authorize computer.
- If ADE is authorized, move on to #2.
- If ADE is not authorized, proceed through the steps to Authorize it with an Adobe ID.
2. Reset the ADE folder on the nook:
- Close Adobe Digital Editions.
- Connect the nook to your computer.
- Under My Computer or Computer, open the drive associated with your device (likely named nook (X:).
- Locate the folder .adobe-digital-editions and delete it.
3. Open Adobe Digital Editions. You should see the Device Setup Assistance
dialog. Click the Authorize Device button.
Once this has been done, please try to transfer and open you title again.
Please note: each Overdrive title is given 3 downloads before the download link must be reactivated by GCPL. If you have attempted to download your title more than 3 times, or if you are receiving an error message that the above instructions do not correct, please submit a "Technical Issues" request using GCPL's Contact Us form linked below. Be sure to include your library card number and any error details. Library staff will reactivate the download link and respond to your request as soon as the downloads have been reset.