Q. How do I request a book using your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service?
With our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service you may borrow books that are not in the GCPL collection.
- Before requesting an ILL, we ask you to please confirm that GCPL does not already own the title. Simply search the catalog using:
- ILL is available for:
- Print materials published more than 12 months ago
- Microform, which must be used at the Collins Hill branch
- We will notify you:
- When the title arrives at your selected pick-up branch location, or
- If we are unable to fill the request
- It may take 4 - 8 weeks for your ILL title to arrive. Once it does, you have 10 days to pick it up.
- ILL cost is $2.00 per title per filled request, due when you pick up the item. Please note: the fee is due regardless of whether the ILL is picked up.
Under the "Using the Library" tab in the Bibliocore navigation bar, you'll see the option to select "Can't Find It" where you can see instructions on requesting an ILL. If you run a search that produces no results, you will also see a link for "Can't Find it Tips".
You can find more detail instructions about this process using this link - http://www.gwinnettpl.org/cantfindit/.