Q. How do I get a library card/membership?
Thank you for your interest in the Gwinnett County Public Library. Library cards are available at no charge to the following:
* Residents of Gwinnett County
* Property or business owners in Gwinnett County
* Employees of schools in Gwinnett County
* Employees of Gwinnett County government or city government agencies in Gwinnett County
* Students, faculty, and staff of Georgia Gwinnett College and Gwinnett Technical College
To get a library card you will need to present proof of residency, such as a valid driver's license, utility bill, lease or rental agreement. If you apply for a temporary card online you will have 30 days to come into a branch to complete the registration process.
Those who are not Gwinnett residents will need to provide both proof of current address and proof of eligibility for a free card, such as a student/faculty/staff ID.
There is no charge for a replacement card.