Q. How do I place a Hold on an item in your catalog from my phone?
If your mobile device has "Headquarters" listed in the blue bar at the top of the screen when you access our catalog, you will not have the option to place holds. In order to have full request options, you will need to change the "Headquarters" heading to either the general "Gwinnett County Public Library" or the name of a specific branch by performing the following steps:
- From our web site on your mobile device, click Search Catalog
- At the bottom of the screen, click Home
- You will see a list of options. At the bottom, click Preferences
- Click the drop-down arrow under "Library" (first on the list) to select the branch name or Gwinnett County Public Library.
- At the bottom of the screen, a rolling menu of options appears. When the location you would like to enter as a preference appears in the center bar, stop the scroll
- Click Done in the upper right of the selection window
- Click Save Changes
- You may now Search the Catalog and will have the ability to place Hold requests