Q. Do you carry any back issues of magazines, such as National Geographic?
Due to magazine wear and tear and limited shelf space, the library retains back issues of most magazines for a limited time.
However, users have access to full-text back issues of dozens of publications, including several we do not subscribe to in hard copy. You can access these issues from any computer that can connect to the internet, all with your library account number and 4-digit PIN. Follow these steps for access:
1. Go to www.gwinnettpl.org
2. Hover over the "Digital" drop-down menu at the top of the page and then click "All Digital Resources"
3. Choose the "Newspapers and Magazines" category from the drop-down menu and click "Apply Filter"
4. Click on the "Magazines" box
5. Find the magazine that you would like to view in the list; if it is available online, you will see either a "Zinio" or a "GALILEO full text" link beside the title (or both)
a. Zinio for Libraries is an electronic resource that allows customers to check out free, full-issue digital magazines (Zinio's technology digitally recreates a magazine page for page, including full-color pictures, intuitive navigation, and interactive elements, which can be streamed online or downloaded to a desktop or various mobile devices)
b. GALILEO's full-text offerings will redirect you to a participating database, such as EBSCOhost, with HTML and PDF versions of magazine articles
6. After selecting and clicking on a link, it may open in a new window or tab; you may also be prompted for your library account number, 4-digit PIN, and the GALILEO password at this time; the current GALILEO password can always be found on the GALILEO main page
If you encounter difficulties accessing the databases or finding relevant information, please contact AskGCPL, call the library Help Line at 770-978-5154 during business hours, or speak with staff at your local library branch. We will be happy to assist you.