Q. Can I print without getting a library card or guest pass?
The library offers the use of two or more 15 minute Chromebook computers in each branch location that do not require a library card or a guest pass for use. These computers also allow access for printing through SmartAlec and more information can be found about this here - https://www.gwinnettpl.org/technology-wi-fi/.
You can print using your flash drive on these devices by following these steps:
1. Plug your flash drive into the computer (might be on the side or on the back of the screen)
3. Click Guest User to get started - take note of the automatically assigned card number and pin and then enter your email address or phone number to sign up
4. Once you are logged in, click the link that says Select a file to upload and then click USB Drive on the next screen to access the documents on your flash drive
5. Select the document(s) you wish to print and then click Upload
6. Once documents have been uploaded you should be able to access and print them from the library print station using the card number and pin that were assigned when you signed up in Smart Alec
If you have any trouble with this process please make sure to ask a staff member.